Hi everyone, Today I am back with the most common and irritating problem faced by maximum no. of Windows PC/Laptop users. “ This copy of windows is not genuine“ a copy of windows genuine fix is a common problem that almost all of us face. Yeah, the problem of a copy of windows genuine fix will be really frustrating most probably when you are about to carry out a confidential project or when you log in on to the online social media sites. So I’ve decided to share the solution for this problem of windows 7 not genuine. Before moving to this error, Firstly you have to know in which cases this error message will appear.
With the multiple new versions of Windows available, we all want an upgrade. But, it is quite expensive and some report to a non-genuine version of windows. The major reason for which this error shows is that you are not using the official version of windows as provided by Microsoft. Another reason is when you are using an outdated version of windows. If one keeps their windows updated regularly, with all the available updates then the chances of facing this error will reduce because of installing the pirated versions. If you want the problem to be fixed, please read till the end of the article to clearly understand.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Why “This copy of windows is not genuine” message pops up in your PC?
- 0.2 Fix Problems we face with the message windows not genuine?
- 1 How To Fix this copy of windows genuine fix Problem
Why “This copy of windows is not genuine” message pops up in your PC?
When Message like “Windows 7 Built 7601 not genuine” appears. Then there must be two cases
- when your OS’s license period has expired
- If you have not installed a genuine version of OS.
This is a quite common problem seen in almost all the windows versions ranging from Windows XP to Windows 10. Now, I will Drive you towards the steps to fix this copy of windows is not genuine message.
Fix Problems we face with the message windows not genuine?
The following are some of the common problems we may come across when this message pops on the screen like Removes your desktop wallpaper and make the desktop look like a blank screen. This copy of windows is not genuine will reduce the performance of your laptop or PC drastically, Battery life of the laptop could be affected or Reduced and The message keeps coming up most of the time, for every few minutes on the PC.
So, It becomes quite irritating for you. You have to follow some methods to fix this problem. Follow the below instructions carefully to fix the copy of windows genuine fix problem of This copy of windows is not genuinely build 7601.
How To Fix this copy of windows genuine fix Problem
There are three best methods to fix this problem of windows not genuine.
- SLMGR -REARM Command Method.
- RSOP – Resultant Set Of Policy Window Method.
- Uninstall Update KB971033 Method.
These methods will be helpful for fixing a copy of windows is not a genuine message for the following windows version
Supported Windows versions to make the Copy Genuine
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Build 7600
- Windows 8
- Windows Build 6002
SLMGR -REARM Command Method
- Go to Start Menu and Find CMD.
- You would get CMD.exe in the search result, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator option.
- Then type the given command in the command prompt box: SLMGR_REARM
- Click on the Enter.
- Click OK to confirm. Once this is done, you will get a confirmation window which will have the details of the given command execution.
- Restart PC and problem will be fixed.
ERRORS WHEN YOU TRY THIS:
When you apply the above-given method, you might be notified with the following two errors.
1. You will get the error like” The maximum allowed number of rearms has been exceeded” then you should take the below steps to overcome this problem:
- Click on the start menu and Press windows button+R
- Enter regedit.exe in the run textbox.
- Follow the below path:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> WindowsNT -> Current version -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform
- Find SkipRearm in that and click modify
- Change the data value from 0 to 1
- Just Restart the computer. This will mostly resolve the “copy of windows genuine fix” error.
2. SLGMR is not recognized as an internal or external command. This error can occur due to multiple reasons.
- If the SLMGR –REARM is not pasted correctly, precisely to note that there is space between dash and R.
- Open Command prompt in Administrator mode most possibly. If it is not, look for Command prompt from the start menu -> right click it -> run as administrator.
- Sometimes it is a problem with the slmgr.vbs file.
- In order to fix this error follow below steps. Open my computer -> open C drive -> open windows folder -> fetch the system32 folder -> open this folder -> fetch slmgr.vbs.REMOVEWAT or any other file with the slmgr.vbs -> Rename the file to slmgr.vbs.
- Then Follow method 1 again to fix this copy of windows is not genuine error.
So you may face these two issues mostly. So check the solutions for these two methods and you are done.
RSOP – Resultant Set Of Policy Window Method
This is the second method to get rid of this windows not genuine error. This error can be resolved by following below steps.
- Open Run from the start menu or Windows button + R to open Run.
- Type Command in it and a window appears.
- Now type rsop.msc in that window and then hit the enter button.
- Follow Given Path Windows Settings > Security Settings > System Services.
- Follow The Screen. It would be like this
- Click On Plug And Play from the options in system services.
- Right-click on it, then you will find Startup and Click on Automatic.
- Now again click on Windows + R button on your keyboard, open the Run windows and paste this command: gpupdate/force & then press enter button.
- Now Restart your PC.
- This copy of windows is not genuine error is fixed.
- Create your own pokemon
- Arrows on keyboard not working in excel
- How to see wifi password in windows
- Sites similar to solarmovie
- iMessage on my mac
Uninstall Update KB971033 Method:
This is also a method to fix the error windows 7 not genuine. In this step, we can fix the problem by trying to uninstall the updates of our Windows OS. Here is a step by step process given below.
- First, go to start menu and open control panel.
- Then go to the windows update section.
- Now click on view installed updates.
- Find the update of “KB971033” and click on uninstall.
- Restart your pc
There are also other methods where we can fix the error “This copy of windows is not genuine” but the above-given methods are easy to do and the most worked methods. Please purchase your OS and its licensing from genuine sources or dealers. If the problem persists again then please consult a computer expert for help. Hope you Have got the solution for the most irritating problem. If you like this post then do share it with your friends in social media. Stay tuned to 14wcph for more informative and good tutorials.