Did you forget your wifi password, which is already saved in your Windows PC? Do you want to retrieve that password? Then we can able to help you with this. Here, you will learn how to Find Wifi Password on Windows 7,8 and 10. So, many people don’t know how to see wifi password on windows, then they have to follow these steps mentioned in the article. Actually, forgetting the wifi password is a common problem, because once we save the password of wifi and after that, the wifi will be automatically connected whenever we are near to it. So, there is no need for a password and we forget this with time.
But sometimes, if we want that password to tell others and we didn’t remember it. So, in those cases, we can see the saved passwords in our windows easily. So, today we are going to discuss the steps to See the password on your Windows PC. Now let us see the step by step process on how to check wifi password on windows. Check the below steps to view all saved wifi passwords on your system.
Table of Contents
How to Check WiFi Password on Windows 10, 8 and 7
So, if you want to know how to view wifi password windows 10, then this is the perfect place for you. So, then let’s dig into the topic and try to know about the steps included in retrieving your Wifi password. Also here by following the below steps you can also see the password of the wifi that you are currently connected to.
Including Windows 10, here we can also know how to view wifi password on windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7. So, if you are trying to see the password, then follow the steps given below. You can use the specific process for a specific version of windows.
Steps to Find Wifi Password in Windows 10
The steps to Find the Wifi Password in Windows 10. So, here we are going to find the process by which we can be able to view the wifi password. Steps are given below, take a look.
- Go to the toolbar and select “Open Network and Sharing Center“. Then a window opens.
- In that window, you have to select “Change adapter settings“.
- Then give a right-click on the wifi network and in the drop-down menu select the “Status” option.
- Now another window appears on the screen, in that click on “Wireless Properties“. Then go to the “Security” tab.
- In that, just check out the “Showbox Characters“. Once you check the box, the password will be opened.
- So, this is the process through which you can see the saved wifi password on windows 10.
If you want to see the password of the wifi which is not in your range, then you have to use the command prompt screen to continue with the process. In this following steps, you can know how to find wifi password on windows 10. This is the easy process, follow the below process:
- Click on the Start button or Click Windows+R to open run option, in that type “cmd” and click on “Enter“.
- Then, here type the command “netsh wlan show profile“ and click on enter.
- Now this will show you all the wifi profiles that you are connected to.
- To Reveal the specific network password Follow this command substituting the “Network Name” with your wifi name. netsh wlan show profile “NETWORK NAME” key=clear.
So, by using this method also you can view your Wifi password which is saved in your windows 10. I have shown you the best two methods to view the saved wifi password on windows 10. Now let’s check the process to see the wifi password in windows 8 and windows 8.1
How to Find the Wifi Password in Windows 8.1/8
- Go to the right edge of the screen and select “Settings“.
- If you are operating through the mouse, go to the right corner of the home screen, then move the cursor to the settings icon and click on “settings“.
- Then, tap on the network icon of the network you want, then click on “connect”.
- Now, swipe on the right edge of the screen and then type “View Network connections”. Then select the same in the search results.
- In this step, in the network connection window, Right-click on the network name and then select “Status”.
- Now Select “Wireless Properties“.
- Next, go to the security tab and then check on the “Show characters“.
That’s it now you can see the password in the security key box. This is how simple to view the password of your wifi network in windows 8.
- How to Change JioFi Password
- Solarmovie Alternatives 2019
- How to Create your Own Pokemon
- How to disable scroll lock in excel
- Best Ways to Download Video
Find the password on your router’s configuration web page
If you have a computer that can connect to the Internet, you can find the password by doing the below steps. You can know how to find wifi password on windows.
- Go to start button and then click on the search box in the taskbar. Enter cmd and in the search results, select Command Prompt.
- In the command prompt window, type ipconfig and then press enter.
- Then, in the Wireless LAN adapter wifi options, select the “Default Gateway” option.
- Open a browser and enter the IP address next to the Default gateway in the search tab.
- Then you can see the default IP address online or in the documentation.
- Now, simply enter the username and password to open the router configuration web page.
- In the configuration page, you can see the wireless settings option.
- Then there you can mostly, see the network ID and password.
So this is how to view the wifi password using the routers configuration page. So these are the working methods to find wifi passwords on windows.
Hence, we are able to see our wifi password which is saved in your windows. Hope this article has helped you to retrieve your Wifi password. If you don’t understand any step or you got any problem, please don’t hesitate to ask us. The comment section is right below, Just drop a message, our team will fix your problem. Feel free to share the article with friends and families at social networking sites. Stay tuned to 14wcph for more informative articles & guides.